We’ve been on a hiring spree lately and I had a funny thought about what we would post if we were looking for another traffic manager. I took a shot at a list of key qualities:
– The head of a diplomat and the heart of a lion. You gotta stay calm, but get what you need.
– A healthy dose of OCD. I’m not talking about being just a little organized here. I mean pretty much 100% anal retentive. No joke.
– A degree in child psychology. Yes, you read right. I said child. You may or may not know that in a company chock full of creative crazies, account service whackos, media junkies and geeky screwballs, it’s crucial to know how to motivate all kinds of people in different ways. I’m not calling our people children, by any means – it just helps to know how to talk to a bunch of different personalities!
– Perspective….while we’re not saving the whales here, we still have deadlines. Keeping it cool and helping everyone see the forest for the trees is my main duty.
– Negotiation skillz. I have 35 people who want what they want right now. I have to negotiate constantly. And get them to negotiate with each other.
There you have it. Think you got what it takes? It’s not for the faint of heart!
The grand spectacle of the sporting world — the Olympics — has, after a year of delay and confusing information, come and gone. But now